Enter by showing us where
you wander in California
WANDER TO YOUR FAVORITE SPOTS
SNAP A PIC WITH A BOTTLE
OF KOPU SPARKLING WATER
POST ON INSTAGRAM WITH
Our panel of judges will choose the most creative photo on February 2, 2018. The winner will receive two nights accommodation at the opulent Kimpton Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara, dinner for 2 at Finch & Fork, complimentary champagne and KOPU bubbles, and a “Best of New Zealand” welcome basket.
The Kimpton Canary provides the quintessential Santa Barbara hotel experience, with luxurious accommodations and a staff focused on delighting you at every turn.
The crown jewel of this Spanish-style hotel is its rooftop pool, which affords stunning views, particularly at sunset.
Located on State Street in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara.
No purchase required to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The Kopu Water Company #WanderwithKOPU Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by The Kopu Water Company, 1117 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the state of California who are 18 years of age or older as of the Entry Period (defined below) (“Participant”). Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Contest constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00am PT on January 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm PT on January 31, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified. Administrator’s computer will be the official timekeeping device for this Contest. Administrator reserves the right to end Contest at any time.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Participant must share their photo or video via Instagram, include the hashtag #WanderwithKOPU and follow @kopuwater and @canaryhotel. Up to five Unique Entries per person. There will be no credit for duplicate, bot, automated, or spam entries, each as determined by Sponsor or Administrator in its sole discretion. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any error, whether human, technical, or otherwise. Sponsor and Administrator each reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Participant found to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the Entry will be deemed to be the Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an account by Instagram. By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that you are the owner or licensee of any and all materials and information, including photos, videos, and personal information, submitted by you to the Contest and you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Sponsor and Administrator an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense at multiple levels) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), transfer, distribute any such materials for any purpose and in any format on or in connection with www.kopuwater.com or its respective affiliated or partner sites, the Administrator’s or Sponsor’s respective businesses, or the promotion thereof, prepare derivative works, incorporate into other works, and/or grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. Submissions must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, and Submissions must not infringe any intellectual property rights
of third parties.
5. JUDGING: On or about February 2, 2018 one (1) Participant from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (“Drawing Date”) shall be selected as “Winner” by a panel of judges established by Administrator, who will choose the winner based on certain judging criteria, including without limitation, the following: most creative photo/video. Decisions of judges are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
6. PRIZE EXPLANATION: The Winner shall receive two (2) nights accommodations at the Kimpton Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara California. The total value of this Prize will not exceed $2,000.00. No transfer or Prize substitution allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any and all Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7. PRIZE NOTIFICATION AND FULFILLMENT: The potential Winner may be contacted by Sponsor or Administrator on or about the Drawing Date via email or Instagram direct message and may be asked for further explanation based on their initial answers submitted online. The potential Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (where required and/or permitted) within seventy-two (72) hours of notification attempt. In the event a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such Prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner in a drawing from among all remaining Entries received. Each Winner may be required to supply Administrator with his/her social security number for tax purposes. Subject to the foregoing requirements, the prize will be sent to Winner [directly by Sponsor] and Sponsor may contact Winner if more information is needed.
8. CONSENT AGREEMENT: By entering this Contest, Participant: (1) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (3) agrees that Sponsor and Administrator may send Participant information, promotions, or special offers that Sponsor and/or Administrator determines may be of interest to Participant Should a participant wish to opt out of these communications unrelated to the Contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, each Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and/or the agents, officers, directors, and employees of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or relating to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest by or directed by Participant; (b) breaches of or inaccuracies in any representations or warranties of Participant or any other terms and conditions contained herein; and/or (c) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including any such claim by the Released Parties’ employees or agents or any third parties.
By entering this Contest, each Participant (1) agrees to release Sponsor, Administrator, and the Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs, or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, (2) waives any and all claims against Sponsor, Administrator, and the Released Parties based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, and (3) acknowledges that neither the Sponsor nor Administrator have made or are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator shall be liable for any damages whatsoever related to or arising from (a) any technical errors that may prevent any Participant from participating in any way; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; and/or (c) errors in the administration of the Contest.
Participant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ aggregate liability for all claims will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor or Administrator may, in its sole discretion and at any time, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then, at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prize from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, each of the Sponsor and Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure or delay by the Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram or similar social media sites. Any information Participant provides in order to enter this Contest is being provided to Sponsor, and not to Instagram, or similar social media sites.
Questions or comments regarding the Contest can be submitted by email to email@example.com.